Jen Wilkin 1 Peter Bible Study Book: A Living Hope in Christ (Gospel Coalition)
Understanding Humility, Submission, and Our Identity in Christ Jesus. | Unveiling the Meaning of Living Hope in Christ Jesus. Written by Jen Wilkin 1 Peter Study Bible
Our inheritance through Christ is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading. We learn from Apostle Peter, a man of faith and flaws and eyewitness to the life of Christ. In the book 1 Peter, he challenges us to look beyond our current circumstances to a future inheritance.
Peter shares his concerns on big picture issues for the early church and describes believers’ true identity in Christ. And ultimately he helps readers discover what it means to experience the Living Hope they have in Christ.
Key themes of humility, submission, and identity in Christ guide the study of 1 Peter as participants are challenged to read the book in its entirety each week. (9 sessions)
- Personal study segments to complete between group sessions
- 9-session study with 8 weeks of homework
- Verse-by-verse approach to complete a book study
- Expand your understanding of 1 Peter for personal spiritual growth. This is achieved by reading the book in its entirety throughout each week of study
- Follow a verse-by-verse approach to complete a book study
- Discover the gospel of Christ as learners seek to conform fully to the Scriptures
- Dig deeper into Scripture individually and alongside other women with this widely-applicable study. Whether those new to Bible study or more familiar with Scriptures, let’s grow together in the knowledge of Christ and unity of faith with one another.
1 Peter Bible Study Book A Living Hope in Christ
About the Author | Jen Wilkin 1 Peter Bible Study: Living Hope in Christ
Jen Wilkin is a writer, teacher, and blogger at JenWilkin.net. She is the managing editor of The Village Church blog. She wrote Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds. She has also developed a 9-week DVD Bible study on The Sermon on the Mount.
Jen also leads the Flower Mound Women’s Bible Study. This is an interdenominational Bible study with about 700 members representing 68 different churches. She earned a B.A. in English and a Master of Business Administration from Texas A&M.
Jen grew up in Texas and came to saving faith in elementary school. Her childhood was marked by time spent in seven different denominations. The range of experience left her with the conviction that knowing the Word was the only sure means of discerning truth from error.
Her passion is to see women become articulate and committed followers of Christ, with a clear understanding of why they believe what they believe and grounded in the Word of God. She sees women as most frequently appealed to through their emotions.
Because of that, she advocates for women to have Bible literacy. She encourages all to love God with all of their minds, and have their voices and giftings fully leveraged in the church.
You may be interested in the following Christian Books
Experiencing God Day by Day | This 365-day devotional book is full of wisdom and helps create a daily habit of focusing on God’s presence.
Finding God’s Peace | Best Selling Author Dr. Charles Stanley shares with readers how they, too, can experience an unshakeable peace which “passes all understanding.”