What is Sous Vide?
Sous vide cooking technique typically involves cooking food for longer periods of time at a lower temperature.This cooking technique typically involves cooking food for longer periods of time at a lower temperature. The precise temperature control allows you to cook food to perfection, while the forgiving nature of this cooking method also eliminates concerns about overcooking.
Sous Vide Process Overview
The actual process of cooking sous vide is very simple. You determine the temperature you’d like to cook your food to, say 131°F (55°C) for a medium-rare steak. Then you heat some water up to that temperature. You seal your food in a vacuum bag or Ziploc bag and place it in the water until the food comes up to the temperature of the water. For foods that aren’t tender (think pot roasts, short ribs, briskets, etc) you can continue cooking it once it comes up to temperature until the food has been tenderized (sometimes up to 2 or 3 days!). Then just finish your food with a sear and you’re all set!
- The Frontier Cooker Brings High-end Restaurant Quality Food at Home: Sous Vide Machine allows anyone to produce restaurant quality results at home, no mater you are cooking newbie or professional, gives you perfectly predictable results with almost zero fuss.
- Immersion Circulator: remains food’s nutrient, keeps vitamins levels of food at 90% after cooking,bring food to a precisely controlled temperature to deliver super-juicy, flavor-packed results from edge to edge, no overcook any more!
- Easy to Use, Works with Any Pot or Container: Just attach the Cooker to a pot of any size with the adjustable clamp, and then set the time and temperature, then press start. Easy to operate and no fancy equipment required.
- 800 Watts Power & Accurate & Simple and Large LCD DISPLAY: Fast water-heating capability with 800 watts of power; large digital LCD display lets you control the time and temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit from across the room. Cooks professionally and precisely with absolute accuracy of +/- 0.1°C between 40-90° C/104-194° F in near silence.
- Easy to Clean and Maintenance: with secure stand up design and removable stainless steel pump housing, almost no cleaning necessary, simply wash and air dry the housing. (*Do not rinse the top main part of the circulator in water)