SENNHEISER HD 800 S Reference Headphone System
” Immersive Acoustics | Sennheiser HD 800 S is the reference standard that all audiophile headphones are measured against “
The HD 800 S demonstrates over seven decades of audio expertise, redefining the critical listening experience. You would be pleased to know the HD800S is assembled at Sennheiser’s state-of-the-art facility in Germany. Because of this German quality assembly, you can enjoy your entire music collection inside out.
The Exploration of Sound
Sennheiser’s goal was to provide acoustics so immersive that you the lines between playback and reality were erased. The signature sound of the HD 800 S is possible because of the synergy of every world-class component.
- Reference-grade audiophile sound quality
- Open earcup design for a spacious, lifelike soundstage
- Made in Germany from purpose-built materials
- Ring Radiator transducers for incredible detail and extension
- Vibration damping chassis with luxurious padding
Features of This Wired Sennheiser HD 800 S Audiophile Headphone
- Open back, around ear – HD 800S is the reference class dynamic headphone for audiophile immersive audio
- 56mm ring radiator transducers are the largest drivers ever used in dynamic headphones
- Innovative absorber technology reduces unwanted frequency response peaks allowing all the music nuances to become audible
- Unique ear cup design directs sound waves to the ear at a slight angle to create an impressively natural and spatial listening experience
- Includes two connecting cables: single ended 1/4 inches And balanced 4. 4 mm Pentacon cable
- Connectivity technology: Wired
It Has A Ring To It
The heart of the HD 800 S and its striking sound is the 56mm Ring Radiator transducer. It leverages the air displacement of a large speaker diaphragm without losing the rigidity of a smaller one.
The result is hyper fast response for superb detail across the entire frequency range. The headphone’s vibration damping chassis and inert headband ensure that what you put into the HD 800 S is precisely what you will get out of it, too.
Each transducer is manufactured, tested, and measured to the tightest tolerance for the most dependable performance out of the box. Even the 40mm voice coil is wound in-house to ensure the shape and consistency is held to the highest standard.
Each HD 800 S includes the frequency response plot unique to those perfectly matched transducers, sparing no resource to help you retrieve the most critical details from every corner of your music collection.
Behind the Mask | Sennheiser HD 800 S
Achieving acoustics that are true to the source also requires management of compounding frequency clusters that produce undesirable masking effects.
Sennheiser integrated a patented frequency absorber to reduce resonances that hide extraordinary musical details in plain sight. Further, the transducer system is mounted in a vibration damping chassis using aerospace-grade materials.
As a result the problematic energy peaks of lower frequencies are controlled to unveil the purity your hi-fi setup is capable of.
Let’s take a look at the specifications…
Brand : Sennheiser
Color : Black
Connectivity Technology : Wired
Model Name : 960-000733
Form Factor : On Ear
Frequency response: 4 – 51,000 Hz
Impedance: 300 Ohms
Sensitivity: 103 dB at 1 kHz, 1V
Cable : Detachable; 3 meters (9.8 feet) length
Weight without cable : 330 grams (11.6 ounces)
- 3 meter cable with 6.3mm stereo plug (¼ inch),
- 3 meter balanced cable with 4.4mm Pentaconn plug,
- USB manual with frequency response plot,
- deluxe storage box
Sennheiser is shaping the Future of Audio – a vision built on a 75-year history of innovation and a continued drive for excellence that is woven into our company’s DNA and culture.
Around the world, our employees share this passion in the pursuit of the perfect sound, creating products that exceed expectations and set new benchmarks in audio.
You may also be interested in the following Headphones