We set out with a goal to make an innovation in tea brewing and the patented Bodum tea press system was born.
Brewing loose-leaf tea or tea bags has never been easier ¿ or cleaner. The Bodum Assam Medium Tea Press serves 4 ¿ 5 people and is made from durable, heat-resistant borosilicate glass. Designed after the traditional teapot shape, the Assam embodies a more modern, spout-less look. To brew, simply set the durable stainless steel filter into the glass pot. Fill the strainer with the appropriate amount of your favorite loose-leaf tea. Pour hot water over the leaves, filling the pot. Then set the plunger/lid in place in the up position. Allow the tea to brew to your liking and then press down on the plunger. The press compresses the tea leaves below the infusion holes in the strainer; completely stopping the brewing process.
The Assam Tea Press puts an end to bitter, over brewed tea. Once you press, you can rest assured that your first cup and your third cup will taste exactly the same. There’s no need to remove the filter and there’s no mess. What you have left is the true unforgettable and delicious taste of your preferred tea. Some teas can even be brewed a second or third time, making the Shin Cha tea press the perfect choice. Just stir up the tea leaves and fill the pot back up with hot water, repeating the process. It is a clean and easy way to enjoy loose-leaf tea whether it is black, green, white, blooming or herbal tea. The clear glass leaves the infusion remain visible at all times, making it a very attractive table piece. The Assam is dishwasher safe and the glass teapot is microwave safe. The glass Assam Tea Press is available in both small (2 cup – 0.5 l, 17 oz.) and medium (4 cup – 1.0 l, 34 oz.) sizes. This medium version has a 1.0 l, 34 oz. capacity.
A smart and elegant design, the Assam tea press from Bodum prevents tea from becoming bitter while showcasing the beauty of brewing. Crafted with a borosilicate glass body and a stainless steel infuser, the press works with loose leaf or bagged teas and lets the user determined the brewing strength. Once plunged, the filter holds the tea below the infuser holes, so brewing is brought to a tidy halt. No removal of the infuser is necessary, and the tea’s lovely color is visible all the while. Modeled on traditional teapot shaping, the pot holds 34 ounces, comes with a stay-cool knob, and cleans up in the dishwasher with the lid and rod removed. A 17-ounce version is also available. –Emily Bedard
- TEA PRESS: Brew a delicious cup of tea in this glass tea press that utilizes the same brewing system as the French press; perfect for loose teas and tea bags
- STAINLESS STEEL FILTER: Tea filter is made of stainless steel with an elastic silicone rim and ensures leaves and kernels remain within the strainer while brewing
- GLASS TEAPOT: Sleek design is made with a borosilicate glass body and handles, with a plastic knob on top
- MAXIMUM FLAVOR: Brew tea to your liking without needing to remove the infuser, simply press down on plunger once preferred coloring and strength is reached for a perfect cup of tea in minutes
- SERVINGS: Classic teapot holds 34 ounces; glass body is dishwasher safe