Water Soluble Colored Pencil Set – Rich & Vibrant Colors
Water Soluble Colored Pencil Set (SOFT CORE Special Edition) by Amazrock.
This “new 2017 release” set of pencils deliver Rich & Vibrant Colors for Stunning Drawing Expression. Includes FREE Good-Looking CANVAS Roll Bag.
What are Watercolor Pencils ?
According to Wikipedia : Watercolor pencils, otherwise known as water-soluble colored pencils, look the same as regular colored pencils. They can be used the same way and are a versatile art medium.
The pencils can be used dry like any normal colored pencils. Or they can be applied “wet” to get the desired watercolor effect. Something magical happen when water is added, changing the pencils to behave like watercolor paint.
In wet application, the artist first lays down the dry pigment and then follows up with a damp paintbrush to intensify and spread the colors. This technique can also be used to blend colors together, and many artists will apply both techniques in one art piece.
These watercolor pencils present very unique and exciting ways for both novice & artists to express themselves and create beautiful works of arts easily. They give the novice & artists the best of both worlds of painting and drawing. That is why Water Soluble Colored Pencil Sets are very popular choices of purchase.
How to Color with Watercolor Pencils ?
Water Soluble Colored Pencils offers the control of a colored pencil. Water can be applied to create interesting color flows. When used for dry drawing, there are two main rendering techniques colored pencil artists use.
- Layering is usually used in the beginning stages of a colored pencil drawing, but can also be used for entire pieces. In layering, tones are gradually built up using several layers of primary colors. Layered drawings usually expose the tooth of the paper and are characterized by a grainy, fuzzy finish.
- Burnishing is a blending technique in which a colorless blender or a light-colored pencil is applied firmly to an already layered drawing. This produces a shiny surface of blended colors that gets deep into the grain of the paper
When applied to wet drawing, the soft texture of the watercolor pencil core makes them easy to blend and layer. By adding water, you can create a variety effects from bold images to delicate washes.
INTERESTING FACT – Watercolor pencil drawings are not permanent. Many professionals like this this behaviour as they can modify the drawing over and over again – shading, blending or intensifying the colors to their liking (once the the initial layer of water had dried, you can re-wet it and move it about again).
Best way to use Watercolor Pencils
Technique #1: Without water
- Just because they’re called watercolor pencils doesn’t mean they have to be used with water only. They can be used like regular colored pencils for dry artistic expression and will produce the same type of look.
Technique #2: Dry then wet
- Water soluble pencil set can be used without water first (like regular colored pencils). Next, you can use a wet brush to go over the colors to blend and push the colors around on the paper (similar to watercolor painting). The colors will intensify, as the pencil strokes on paper disappear, with the addition of water. The drawing will change into a watercolor painting alike as you continue to add water.
Technique #3: Wet the watercolor pencil tip
- A common way is to dip the watercolor pencil in a cup of water first before applying to the paper. It’s like having the precise control of a regular colored pencil but with the vibrant colors flowing onto the paper like a watercolor painting.
Technique #4: Wet the paper first
- Dip your brush in a cup of water and run it over the area to be worked on. Color can be added onto the wet surface with your watercolor pencil. Wet the tip of the pencil before going over the wet surface to get a more intense color. Please note that the colors may bleed together (especially when layers of water are applied on the paper).
Technique #5: Mix and match
- It is really up to your creativity to mix and match regular colored pencils or watercolor paint with your watercolor pencil piece to achieve different looks.
* To truly understand watercolor pencils, give them a try! Experiment with them to find out which technique gives you the results you want.
Example Watercolor Drawings
Great Buy Review – Amazrock “Water Soluble Colored Pencil Set | Watercolor Pencil Art”
Amazrock Water Soluble Colored Pencil Set Delivers Rich & Vibrant Colors for Stunning Drawing Expression. Includes FREE Good-Looking CANVAS Roll Bag.
These Amazrock pencils are very easy to use, being designed for art professionals, enthusiasts and learning students. This “SOFT CORE Special Edition” watercolor pencils set allows its users to enjoy the following benefits :
- Quality Blending and Shading
- Full Artistic Expression for both dry and wet art
- Precision & Smooth Color Layering with its high quality extra soft core and high color concentration
- Vibrant and brilliant colors as the pencils soft core lead are made of high quality pigments
- Fade resistant colors
- Offers ergonometric grip for its users with the hexagonal-shaped pencil body
- PREMIUM & PROFESSIONAL QUALITY – Suitable for artists. Beautiful and comes with a free Canvas roll bag to carry the pencils around. Amazrock wooden watercolor pencils uses a solid 3.4 mm soft core and vibrant color lead sticks, providing smooth coverage.
- 36 VIBRANT COLORS PACK – Contains High Quality Pigments. Can be used both dull to cover large areas or sharpened for details. Create timeless art piece with stunning color presentation. The pencils are designed to help you easily lay down layers and supple blends for both dry and wet artistic creations.
- IDEAL FOR ALL AGES AND SKILL LEVELS – Great drawing tools for all levels whether you are a beginner or an expert or you are coloring an adult colorbook. Offers complete control over your art – Rich & Smooth Colors Laydown !
- BEST VALUE SET for GIFTS – Offers a wide range of Rainbow colors for drawing and sketching. Suitable for all teens and adults who are art enthusiasts, students or professional artist. It’s also popular as colored pencils for kids !
- QUALITY GUARANTEE – This quality watercolor pencil set is good for dry and wet artistic creations. Shade them on dry paper and apply a water wash or use water brush/cotton bud to get a watercolor look with unique blending effects. We are confident that you will enjoy our watercolor pencil set !
Video – Colored Pencil Drawings
Amazrock Watercolor Pencils | Wet Art demo – How to draw a fox painting ?
Check out the full-length tutorial – How to paint a fox with Amazrock Watercolor Pencils Set
Dry Art | Stunning and brilliant colors for your drawing expression
Buy Now ! | Water Soluble Colored Pencil Set by Amazrock
EXPRESS YOURSELF – Order NOW and enjoy this SOFT CORE Special Edition Water Soluble Color Pencil Pack of 36 rich & vibrant colors that let your art creativity shine through writing, drawing or sketching. These watercolor pencils are HEXAGONAL SHAPED which allows you to color with comfort and precision, as well as making it easier to work with for longer period of time with less strain. The pencil barrel is finished with a silver imprint detailing Amazrock brand and color number
- COLOR: 36 colors (Great all-round go-to pencils – High Color Concentration)
- PENCIL MATERIAL : Basswood (used for high quality pencil)
- SHAPE OF PENCIL : Hexagonal (for precision grip)
- PENCIL LENGTH : 178mm
- DIAMETER OF PENCIL : 7.2mm
- LEAD SIZE : 3.4mm
- MATERIAL OF LEAD : 100% Water Soluble
- LEAD QUALITY : Extra Soft & Extra Smooth
- CANVAS ROLL BAG : 20cm x 50cm
Click here to see the Customer Reviews for “Amazrock Water Soluble Colored Pencil Set”
Smooth, vibrant and awesome #WatercolorPencil (by Heather Carrier)
The colors are bright and pretty! I really like the roll out case (by :))
Really versatile, fun and different! (by J.S.)
This is an amazing set of colored pencils that I bought for my … (by Crowlady)
Check out this month’s Special Giveaway Contest – Amazrock Water Soluble Colored Pencil Set
Check out details on how to enter contest here.
Articles & Resources
Customers Who Are Interested in This “Water Soluble Colored Pencil Set” Also Look at